Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dinner At Turner Fisheries


 We recently enjoyed a dinner at Turner Fisheries in Boston with a group of other food writers and bloggers as guests of the Westin Copley. We began with chilled wine at the bar before sampling starters and entrees.

 I started with the Bibb Salad: Heirloom Tomato, North Country Bacon, and Great Hill Farms Bleu Cheese.  I chose this specifically for the Great Hills Farms bleu cheese (legendary) and it did NOT disappoint. I highly recommend this entree.


 Across the table from me was Fiona Coxe of A Boston Food Diary enjoying this Tomato Bisque with Crispy Basil.  I was jealous!


 To my right sat Wayne Wood, General Manager of Turner, who ordered the Surf and Turf: Grilled Strip Loin Steak, Long-Stem Artichoke, Slow-Poached Lobster and Bearnaise Sauce.  This looked like THE perfect Surf and Turf.


 Meanwhile, Fiona was enjoying this New England Bouillabaisse:  Gulf Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussells, Hybrid Bass, Hook-Caught Haddock and Saffron Tomato Broth.


 Meghan of Travel, Eat, Love, another table companion, was enjoying the Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp:  Colossal Crabmeat  Stuffing and Citrus Cream. 


 I chose to be contrarian and forego the seafood for a change as I have dined at Turner many times before and know that all of their seafood is excellent.  I was a tad disappointed.  The chicken was a bit dry, everything else spot on.  I wish I'd gone with the Seafood Risotto.  Next time!


The final treat was this amazing Gold-Dusted Opera Cake with Raspberry Coulis.  Dense, rich and everything you'd want to finish a meal. Great job.

Turner Fisheries
The Westin Copley Place
 10 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Back Bay, MA
Telephone: 617.424.7425

No comments:

Post a Comment