Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy 100th Fenway Park!



I was lucky enough to be part of a team helping Fenway to plan and celebrate their 100th Anniversary and part of that including acting as a stand-in for the players and alumni as the TV Crew rehearsed the ceremony. Obviously, I was cast as Justin Thomas. Some suggested that I even pitch better than him! Anyway, it was an amazing opportunity to, sort of, live out every boy's fantasy that he is a baseball star.

As we practiced for the 100th Ceremony, I walked onto the grass (rarely allowed for Fenway visitors)  from an entrance in deep left field as music blared on the sound system, waved to the invisible crowd and even had the thrill of looking up and seeing myself on the Jumbotron. In was an unforgettable day behind the scenes where we got to beat the crowds that mobbed the open house and have a close-up look at what I have always called one of the most beautiful theaters in America. Congratulations to Fenway, a great sports legend in a great sports city!




























































No comments:

Post a Comment