Thursday, April 19, 2012

Product Testing: Char Crust Dry Rubs


I gave some product sent to us from Char Crust dry rubs a test recently and really loved the product so it makes it into that category of one of the rare products we actually feature. I tried a chicken dish and salmon dish. The chicken, pictured above, was used for this dish served with dried apricots, pancetta, peas and cous cous.


I simply dredged this salmon fillet in the dry rub and threw it on a hot grill pan for a perfect crust. Easy.


I started off the chicken dish with chopped pancetta. I rendered out the fat and used that to sear the chicken dredged in the dry rub on all sides.


I used boneless chicken thighs, one of my favorite cuts: meaty, a good combination of dark and white meat, tender and probably the best value.


To the seared chicken we added some broth and dried apricots, covered and simmered on low for about 45 mins to seal in all that flavor. At the last minute we added back the cooked pancetta.


For the salmon we used the Ginger Teriyaki rub, which was perfect for seafood, and for the chicken we used their Roasted Garlic Peppercorn flavor rub.

The product sells for $5.49 per package and can be ordered from their website: Char Crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment