Friday, May 13, 2011

A Royal Tea at St. James


Our good friend Sarah Grazier of Bishoff Communications pulled us aside recently for some advice on her planned trip to London with her Mother during the Royal Wedding. We gave her some ideas and provided a suggested itinerary but, boy, even we were surprised when Sarah snagged a reservation for tea at St. James on the very afternoon of the wedding! Tea at the St. James at Fortnum and Mason, just off Piccadilly Circus, is a London legend and one we try never to miss on our travels to the U.K. Glad you didn't opt for The Orangery, Sarah. I am sure the infamous line to get in that week was a mile long!


Here's part of Sarah's note to us: "I just wanted to say a belated THANK YOU!! for your wonderful recommendations for dining in London. My mom and I enjoyed a fabulous afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason on the royal wedding day and it was everything we hoped it would be. I wish I could enjoy one of their scones with clotted cream right now! I attached a few pictures of my mom and I at tea for you. I will always cherish my memories of being in London for the royal wedding. It was truly magical."



Thanks, Sarah, for being a loyal reader. You and Mom look so refined and relaxed amidst all that Royal spectacle. It makes me long for yet another trip to London, one of of our favorite cities, but I'm sure I'll be seeing you dining around Ogunquit this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment