Earl's Kitchen And Bar is coming to Assembly Row in Somerville in September and Mixologist Cameron Bogue will be helming the drinks program. We had the chance to meet him and sample some of his most interesting drinks recently and we were, of course, not disappointed.
We met up with Jenny Johnson, co-host of NESN's Dining Playbook and enjoyed a cocktail called "Bee's Knees".
The crafty concoction is served in these cute, little honey jars. The ingredients? Simple:
CLASSIC COCKTAIL - BEES KNEES
A citrusy gin drink sweetened with honey
GLASSWARE: Honey Bear Jar
GARNISH: Lemon Zest, Wooden Honey Dipper
0.75 fl oz House Made Honey Syrup
1 fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice
0.75 fl oz Aviation Gin
0.75 fl oz Cointreau
3 dashes Angostura Bitters
1. In a Mixing glass; measure 0.75 fl oz Honey Syrup, 1 fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice, 0.75 fl Aviation Gin, 0.75 Cointreau and 3 dashes Angostura Bitters.
2. Pack Mixing glass full of ice. Top with a stainless steel shaking tin.
3. Shake vigorously 12 times to mix ingredients.
4. Strain over fresh ice into a Honey Bear Jar.
5. Garnish with a Lemon Zest and a Wooden Honey Dipper.
Eric Twardzik, Boston Editor of UrbanDaddy was there. They are always on the forefront of new openings and happenings.
The place will be a casual upscale design and focus on contemporary American comfort food. This is Earl's, which operates 65 locations throughout the USA and Canada will make it's first entry into the area at Assembly Row, which is shaping up quite nicely as the area's newest shopping, dining and entertainment destination.