Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Robert's Maine Grill


While in Maine last week we stopped in at Robert's Maine Grill in Kittery, the upscale sister restaurant of Bob's Clam Hut.  The decor is typically downeast and nautical and I have the say the service was great.  All of the servers seemed more than eager to please everyone.  The food, however, was unremarkable.  I had the Battered Fish and Chips, substituting onion rings for the french fries.  The batter was hearty and the frying was okay.  It's hard to foul up fried food so I can say the oil was fresh and the batter just crispy enough.  The piece of haddock was flavorless.  A dining companion who had the haddock sandwich said:  "I think I've had fresher seafood." Well put.  I may try it again to sample another menu item but wished I had just gone to Bob's for a clam strip roll.

Robert's Maine Grill
326 U.S. 1  Kittery, ME 03904
Telephone:  207.439.0300


No comments:

Post a Comment