Friday, June 15, 2012

The North End With David Rocco



I spent a few nice hours in the North End today shopping for fresh produce at Haymarket then heading over to Caffe Vittoria for coffee with David Rocco, host of The Cooking Channel's Dolce Vita and Amalfi Getaways.  He gave me his gorgeous cookbook MADE IN ITALY and I exchanged it for my novel FILLED WITH NOTHING.  I just happened to bring along my sharpie for inscriptions.  He also gifted me with a bottle of Ruffino Prosecco to celebrate the occasion!  Class act.  I can't wait to try it.  I really felt like I was in Italy again as we chatted about family and food while sipping cappuccino and espresso. We talked about travels and the joy and adventure of dining, cooking, writing and social media and anything else a beautiful, sunny day in Boston could inspire.  David is here scouting up ideas for a new TV series on Italian-American cooking.  I'll have a full post to follow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment