Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Upcoming Events: A Spoonful Of Ginger 2012



A Spoonful Of Ginger is not only one of our favorite annual food events but also a great way to show support for all of our friends in the Asian community and those who suffer from diabetes. Because both sides of my family have a strong history of diabetes I am checked annually and, as a food writer, I am constantly thinking about blood sugar levels. My cousin died of heart disease complicated by diabetes at age 40 and my Grandfather lost all of his toes to circulatory problems, again, caused by an undiagnosed case of diabetes. The Asian community, however, is over fifty per cent more likely to be affected by the disease and early detection and treatment are key.

This event is not only informative but also one of the most elegant food events in Boston and the only night when the MFA allows dining inside the halls of the museum. It's a very unique and exclusive night for a really worthy cause. I'll be there and I hope that you will be, too.

Spoonful Of Ginger Tickets


Ming Tsai at Spoonful Of Ginger 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment