Friday, November 4, 2011

Turner Fisheries Fall Menu


We recently joined a group of Boston's most popular food bloggers at Turner Fisheries to sample their new Fall 2011 menu. There were a number of high points during our tasting, which we'll review. Chef de Cuisine Armand Toutaint also joined our table to discuss the menu, sourcing and sustainability.


The mouth-watering Grilled Island Creek Oysters With Maitake Mushrooms and Riesling Cream.


Crispy Calamari With Pappadew Peppers, Capers and Roasted Garlic Aoili. Very nice! The cornbread coating was an unexpected surprise and the frying oil was obviously very clean and fresh, the key to any fried dish. We also sampled Lobster Tacos With Ancho Aioli and Corn Fennel Pico, perhaps my favorite appetizer, with generous chunks of lobster.


After appetizers and wine my first plate was the Jonah Crabcake With Apple Slaw and Tamarind reduction. I liked the Fall flavors of the slaw and it matched well the crabcake, which is always good at Turners.


My main dish was the Grilled Salmon, again very well done.


I loved the Stir Fried Rice With Shrimp. I think I ate half the portion served to our table.


My table companion, Jacqueline Church of Leather District Gourmet, chose the Hybrid Striped Bass With Butternut Ragout, Cannelloni Beans and Broccoli Rabe. I did not taste this dish. She seemed to rather enjoy it.


The Dessert Tray included Warm Bourbon Glazed Pecan Pie, Boston Cream Pie With Creme Anglaisee, Butternut Gelato and Gold Dusted Opera Cake With Raspberry Coulis. The Boston Cream Pie was a bit dry, all others were excellent.

Turner Fisheries
10 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: (617) 424-7425


Turner Fisheries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment