Thursday, November 11, 2010

What A Week

I spent all day on Wednesday at the Massachusetts Restaurant Association Summit, meeting new friends and speaking on a panel about technology. There were definitely mixed feelings. Restaurant owners really seem to hate Yelp and Chowhound (which I can totally empathize with and is one of the reasons I started blogging) and I had to follow the Yelp presentation! I think Andy Husbands said it best when he reminded everyone that food is an emotional experience. Sometimes you just have to put everything aside and go with the gut feeling. You probably know the story.


My view from the technology panel. Durand Druin of Google is speaking, Dan Green, the very gracious host from the Green Internet Group and Leighann Farrely of Yelp. I have to say I liked the moleskine Leighann.

I didn't see any photographers there but it was great to catch up with Catherine of Cocktails For Everyone and Joe Piantedosi. I was also very glad to meet with Steve Plath of Moonstones in Chelmsford and Cobblestones, in Lowell. I am always happy to give Social Media tips and insights to local, hardworking restaurant owners.


Today I was up bright and early to take a freezing stroll down Boylston Street but a very warming breakfast of Flapjacks with Apple Butter and Maple Syrup (and tons of very good, strong coffee) at the Back Bay Social Club.

Over coffee and beignets I met with Windsor Hanger of HerCampus.com, Anne Sheehy of GiltCity.com and others to discuss new marketing and media. How I missed another photo op with so many smart women I have no idea but we talked trends, marketing, fashion, contacts and ideas so openly that it went on until almost noon. Oh, and we also listed our fave Harvard Square restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment