Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Stuffin Muffin


As most of you, I have been in the kitchen for a few days now. While I was baking yesterday I was eyeing an extra few boxes of Olivia's Stuffing scattered amidst all the pots and pans. I spotted one of my favorite cupcake tins which makes square cakes. What would happen, I wondered, if I mixed up a batch of stuffing and baked it in the muffin tins?

To the cornbread stuffing I added onions, chopped up, leftover, sausage, dried cranberries, chopped cashews and celery. I packed the mix into the tins and baked them. Once they cooled I tasted one and was immediately hooked. What a perfect breakfast food! Easy to make ahead and heat up in the morning, full of flavor, protein and fiber. I had invented the Stuffin Muffin!



You could make these with any kind of bread or combination of meats, vegetables and even cheese. If you try it, please let me know what you think.

From our family table of seventeen this year: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

1 comment:

  1. I made spicy mushroom stuffing muffins using Olivia Organic's stuffing mix too! Great minds think alike! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete