Thursday, August 20, 2009

Packing The Bags


The TBF trusted Kenneth Cole weekender.

I always keep a bag on my hallway chair near the front door that I can quickly pack should an invite or a great travel offer come along. Over the years I've become quite adept at packing for travels abroad. Hint: roll the clothes instead of fold them and fill every crevice. Usually, however, I tend to over pack.When I return I try to make a note of items dragged halfway across the world that I never touched and try to cull these from the next voyage. I've given up on packing that paperback novel and now grab local newspapers for reading material at off moments. I've pretty much got it down to a science.

It's often the shorter trips that I way over pack for. I always somehow believe I really need those three pair of shoes for a two day trip. I need to learn to edit. Now I've discovered Packinglistonline.com. It's simple but ingenious and allows one to think logically rather than emotionally about packing. Like do I really need that full bottle of cologne or all that rain gear? Just input how long you will travel, what the average weather is and a few more bits of info and voila....your customized packing list is done for you. It may not solve all your travel troubles but, hey, it's a start.



Happy travels everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment