Sunday, August 23, 2009

Iceland



The other day I stepped inside my door, exhausted and sweating. Somehow the light was on the abstract painting of the waterfalls I did after my first inspiring trip to Reykjavik. Everything was blue and white and I had great fun working on that canvas, dragging the paint up and down in my attempt to recreate the spectacular power of Icelandic water. Now everyone says it's their favorite.



Two emails and one Skype call later I was certain that I am going back. The prices are in the budget and it is SO convenient from Boston, London, Paris, really anywhere in Europe. So it's a great way to get together with all your euro friends every couple of years. If you're from the East Coast there are some really good deals here: Icelandair.


We love the rustic charm of the Fosshotel historic rooms.

We are calling it our own little foodie G8 meeting. We'll be staying at the Fosshotel Baron, a comfortable but not overly ostentatious visit with spectacular views and a short walk from the heart of Reykjavik, long known for it's legendary nightlife. We'll be dining out all the time, sipping coffee at the Paris Cafe as we rate the fashionistas strolling by, stopping in for a soak at The Blue Lagoon Spa and posting our impressions for you, our loyal reader. And if you want to load up your ipod with those Sigur Ros tunes and join us we'll see you there but shhhhh, don't tell anyone.


The impressive views from the Fosshotel Baron in Reykjavik.

No comments:

Post a Comment