Friday, May 30, 2008

What to do?



I called my friend Manuel the other day. He lives in Frankfurt but travels all over the world for work. (I need to mention that I love Skype btw). I am pretty sure that he has the most hectic schedule of anyone I know and is an avid reader of TBF. It's been a year since I started this blog and I now get so many offers and invites I really don't know what to do. I barely have enough time as it is for work, cooking, blogging, dining out and still friends and family.

"Why don't you ask that kid in England who writes the famous blog," he suggested, meaning Trig. I know Trig keeps a list of every recipe idea he has ever had. But Trig cooks for a living. He then suggested Clotilde, who is already on her second book and has taken the leap to full time food writer. I love her book: CLOTILDE'S EDIBLE ADVENTURES IN PARIS. I have been devouring it in small bites like one would a Parisian croissant and am happy to report that I have eaten in at least one restaurant she recommends, so far. She has written over and over again how she keeps copious lists of everything. Lists of recipes to try, places to visit, books to read. So I have sent her an email to ask just how she manages her lists. I keep them too but mine are out of control. I'd need a notebook for each list! However, if I was doing this full time I'd have no problem.

So here goes: any ideas on time management? I suppose it just comes down to choices but I want to do everything. And still get the laundry done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment