Friday, July 26, 2019

Lunch At Mamaleh's


It was my birthday week and friends kept asking me:  "Where does one take a food writer for dinner?"  Well, there was really only one thing I had been craving for months and that was good, old-fashioned deli food.


Mamaleh's in Cambridge did not disappoint.  There was not one iota of fat on that extra lean pastrami sandwich, mine served on a super fresh challah roll with a thick slice of Swiss cheese, mustard on the side and a beautifully brined pickle.



For sides, I went with the potato salad, a classic with chopped egg that reminded me of my many satisfying lunches at Lieb's Deli in Belmont and then Langley Deli in Newton Centre, both long-closed (and us still mourning) now.  Quality all the way.  My dining companion had the cole slaw, also excellent and what, of course, is the best accompaniment than a root beer float?  Absolute heaven.


To be honest, I wasn't sure how this was going to go.  I've had some incredible deli food over the years and it would be hard to hit that mark.  It did, however, exceed all my expectations.  Yes, it's not cheap (almost $70 for lunch) but as I have always said - you get what you pay for.  We'll be back.  And again.  And again.

Mamaleh's
1 Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA  02139
Telephone:  617.958.DELI

Socials:
@thebostonfoodie
@mamalehs

No comments:

Post a Comment