Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Oh Holy Donut


The Pomegranate Donut at The Holy Donut, Portland.

Of all the places people offered as suggestions to visit on our recent trip to Portland, Maine, the one name that kept coming up over and over again was The Holy Donut.

I was skeptical.  Having worked in a bakery for years where I actually made the donuts early in the morning each day I just could not conceive of using potatoes to make the dough.  After one bite I was sold.

It's not the same taste or texture one would get with a traditional fried batter donut so it is a bit of a different experience but one just as good.  And, as far as I know, Congdon's (still my favorite perhaps because of the first love experience) doesn't do pomegranate.  

So, I guess we are joining the ranks and recommend The Holy Donut in Portland as a must-taste spot.

The Holy Donut
7 Exchange Street
Portland, ME
Telephone:  207.775.7776

Socials:
@TheBostonFoodie
@holydonutmaine
@PortlandOldport

No comments:

Post a Comment