Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lunch At Del Frisco's


We were invited to a small lunch for four at Del Frisco's recently where we enjoyed the ambiance and great views of the water from Liberty Wharf. The first thing that greets you, if you have not been here, is the large, circular bar with views from two sides. Del Frisco's is quite popular with sports celebrities, and I mean the very top names in Boston sports, who can be seen dining here regularly. For weekdays they do offer and express business lunch, guaranteed to get you in and out within 45 minutes but I think it would be an ideal lunch for business entertaining and longer lunches, as well. Where else can you treat a client to a great steak and that view?


My first appetizer was the Shanghai Style Fried Calamari, which I loved. The sweet and spicy flavor was a welcome and different twist on calamari for me. I'd definitely order this again.


I sampled the Ahi Tuna Tartare, which was good, as tuna tartares go.


Although I chose not to imbibe, I can say that I have tried the cocktails at Del Frisco's (A Breath OF Fresh Pear is great). I was assured this Mod French 75 was quite nice and, I admit, it looked tempting.


The Lobster Shrimp Club. Ever since I enjoyed a buttery lobster salad roll I have to admit it has become my favorite. It would be really nice to see that on the menu here. However, this version was good, especially that layer of rich bacon that actually worked for me with the seafood.


I was told the steak sandwich was very good. The few fries I tried, were great.


One of the standout tastes from our lunch were these house-made french fries, seasoned with salt and pepper. We devoured so many we had no room for dessert.

Another special worthy of note is the Power Couple Sundays: three courses for two (filet mignon included) for $99. On October 7 they will be hosting an Evening Of Classic Malts with Peter Zimmerman, Master Of Whiskey. Sis courses paired with single malt scotches: $125 per person.

Del Frisco's Steak House
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210
Telephone: 617.951.1368

No comments:

Post a Comment