Monday, June 7, 2010

Frills Restaurant in Ogunquit


Even when I am supposed to be on vacation I always find ways to work. It's not like one can ever really get away from food and, in the end, I truly enjoy talking about it, writing about it and photographing it. So when we stopped in for lunch at Frills in Ogunquit last weekend I just knew I was going to have to share the experience.


Frills is a small alfresco dining restaurant, located on Shore Road, with open air patio seating and a canopy over the bar/lounge area.


The bar seemed to be a very popular stop off for a cool beverage after a day spent at the beach or in the sun.


Although we have seen long lines here before we had no more than a five minute wait. The service was good and the prices are reasonable for this casual dining spot.


Karen went with the turkey club with thick slices of freshly roasted turkey and crispy bacon served on a croissant. I tried one of the kettle chips and they were excellent.


Peter went with the lobster salad, a generous mound of lobster meat in a creamy mayonnaise served over a plate of greens.


I went with the scallop salad, one huge scallop wrapped in a crispy applewood bacon slab served over greens and artichokes. The salad was fresh and the dressing was great but I have to say I was expecting more than just one large scallop.


Kate slept under the canopy the entire time but did enjoy her first trip to the Maine Diner later in the week!

Frills
49 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907
Telephone: 207.641.0601

No comments:

Post a Comment