Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Menu Planners



I am a planner or, as my friends would say, obsessive-compulsive. I like to plan ahead. I never go anywhere without my agenda and notebook. So it stands to reason that I usually plan out my weekly meals. I've also found that doing this I spend less when grocery shopping (although I am always tempted by that unusual, expensive hunk of cheese or a fine pastry) and have fewer leftovers. It's also one less thing to worry about. I just hate when it's 10:00 PM and I realize I have nothing for lunch tomorrow.



This does not mean that I am not taken by that incredible bunch of asparagus that looks good at the market on the way home or making a U-turn for a dinner invite that may come along. Planning also helps to give you some variety, so you're not eating the same, old thing week in and week out. People who plan their meals and use less prepared foods also win in the weight loss department. Takeaway meals five nights a week really packs on the poundage. Organizing like this also means that I can squeeze out the time to actually write this blog!

These handy meal-planning and shopping forms can be found and downloaded (with all kinds of other really useful planning templates) at www.diyplanner.com. Take a look at start planning your foodie pursuits today.

No comments:

Post a Comment