Saturday, August 29, 2009

Zing Pizza


Passersby stop in the pouring rain to watch President Obama eulogize Senator Ted Kennedy.

Like most people in Boston today, we were up early. I would be remiss if I did not mention, even in my little food blog, the effect that Senator Kennedy had on so many in my area. My heart especially goes out to my good friend Curran, the Senator's stepson, and his mother Vicky. In our errands and doings about town this morning we stopped several times to watch or listen to the many eloquent speakers at the Senator's funeral proceedings. The public outpouring has been amazing.


A slice and a soda at Zing.

But eat we must. So we stopped in at a new pizza place in Cambridge and found a real gem. Zing pizza in Porter Square has great slices and pizzas, unusual flavor combinations, funky artisan soft drinks and a slew of patrons who are not deterred by the pouring rain.


A monstrous slice at Zing.

No wonder people have found this little place already! The pizza rivals the long honored Emma's pizza in my opinion but has it's own unique, eclectic vibe. Where else can you get pizza named Blue October or Dracula's Dilemma?


The menu board at Zing Pizza.

Zing Pizza
1923 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140
(617) 497-4300

Zing! on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Wow that great slice of pizza and a soda looks good. That slice is really big, I've never seen like that in California.

    ReplyDelete