Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Euro Kids Are Lucky

I don't know about you but this is basically how I remember my high school cafeteria. This and lunch ladies in hair nets.



This is not the case, however, if you happen to be a lucky euro kid. It's not that I consider myself an aesthete but I have long been a fan of some of the euro interior design I've seen in my travels, especially in restaurants, cafes and, well, all kinds of places people eat. Take a look at some of these school interiors and tell me it would not be totally cool to call one of them your school cafeteria.





i29 Interior Architects, aka Jaspar Jansen and Jeroen Dellensen, is famous for colorful projects. So, at a public school in Almere, about 25 kilometers east of Amsterdam they went to work. The red and white tubing design you see is the result. It can also be easily reconfigured to bring a more creative side to change.






At the Caland Lyseum in Amsterdam, 1,500 students attend a school that is primarily sports oriented. Coaches not only train them physically but also coach them in academics. i29 designed the public space using larger-than-life images of the school's sports heroes with custom-made furniture and bold colors.



Imagining myself chatting with friends, dining and lounging with my books and notebooks in these surroundings, it makes me wish I was back in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment