Monday, June 25, 2007

The Phantom is a Ghost






I like a good barbecue as much as the next foodie and ribs, when done right, are an amazing experience but man, at this Phantom Gourmet BBQ I didn't get as much as a ghost of a chance to get anywhere near the food. Sure, they had BBQ people in from all over - Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Pennsylvania and locally we were represented by Redbones but the lines to get anything to eat were not only a mile long but also moved as slow as the cold molasses used to braise the meats.

I was lucky enough to be invited as a guest and I must say if I had actually paid the ten dollar entrance fee I would have been quite irate. For that fee you got absolutely nothing but a cheap strand of purple beads. The only good point about the whole affair was the friends I met there. Thanks Susan and Jon!

The "Beer Garden" if that's what they call them these days had a whopping three kinds of beer: Budweiser, Bud Light and Bud Select - all served warm. Need I say more? They advertised musical acts, which I saw none of although I have to admit I didn't stick around very long. The Andelman's should be ashamed of themselves. In my opinion this was a total ripoff.

If you want a really great barbecue dinner with great ribs, a fun atmosphere and over 100 microbrew beers, all ice cold, then head on over Redbones and enjoy the feast. That's what we should have done in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment